How to Get Help

Need legal help? Visit Vermont Law Help or call 1-800-889-2047.

All of Law Line's cases are screened and referred by Vermont Law Help. You can reach Vermont Law Help online, or by calling 1-800-889-2047 from anywhere in Vermont. This is a toll free call. An intake specialist will get basic information about you and your legal problem. If we can help, they will refer your case to a paralegal or attorney at Law Line or Vermont Legal Aid.

For answers to questions about Vermont law and how to solve your legal problem yourself, including court forms and information about Vermont courts and court procedures, visit the Vermont Law Help website.

The Vermont Law School in South Royalton has a legal clinic that helps many Vermonters, particularly in Orange and Windsor Counties. Call 1-802-763-7718 or find out more at this website about the South Royalton Legal Clinic.

Disability Rights Vermont works to defend and advance the rights of people with disabilities and mental health issues. Call them at 1-800-834-7890 or go to their website.

ACLU of Vermont works to protect the constitutional rights of all Vermonters. Call them at 1-802-223-6304 or go to Vermont ACLU.

The Vermont Attorney General is the chief law enforcement officer in the State. For information go to Vermont Attorney General.

The Consumer Assistance Program is sponsored by the Vermont Attorney General and the University of Vermont. They help people with problems with goods or services they purchased and provide information about consumer rights and responsibilities. Call them at 1-800-649-2424.